Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year

My wife and I hosted a New Years Eve Party last night. It was a lot of fun. We had about 30 people over and celebrated the New Year.

My wife, my mother, and Jack Evans made a feast that 75 people could not have consumed and we had a great time.

I certainly hope that 2007 is a better year then 2006. I hope for the following in 2007:
1. I plan on becoming both a CPA and an ABV (Business Valuation Certification)
2. I hope to get my mother setup in a place of her own in the next two months
3. I hope to drop 30 pounds before we go to Germany in June
4. I am looking forward to spending a couple of weeks in Germany visiting my father-in-law
in June.

From a political standpoint I have several hopes as well:
1. I hope that the new gridlock that we have in Washington will limit the increase in the size
of government.
2. I hope that we restore some of the accountability that has been missing from the
Government for decades.
3. I hope that we agree on a plan for how to drawdown our troop levels in Iraq.

Mike Sylvester

4 comments:

Angry White Boy said...

Where's the pics from the party?

James Fitch said...

Very good party

The food was great

Anonymous said...

I agree... pictures! Also, any hopes for downtown FW in 2007?!?!

LP Mike Sylvester said...

Not really Scott. I want to see more about the proposal!

Mike Sylvester