I watched the SOTU address. I always watch it. I enjoy watching the crowd.
This was a TOUGH crowd for the President.
Things President Bush said that were good:
1. We should balance the budget in five years. (I disagree, we should balance the budget today)
2. We need to fix our entitlement programs. (He is right)
Things president Bush said that scared me:
1. He wants to extend No Child Left Behind (Worst bill in recent history except Medicare expansion)
2. Mandatory fuel standards.
3. "Serious problem of global climate change."
4. He inferred we will ALWAYS be at war. (VERY SCARY)
5. He repeated that we would embed our soldiers into Iraqi units.
6. He wants to make a Civilian Reserve Corps... Good grief.
7. He wants to spend 1.2 BILLION dollars (That we do not have) to fight malaria in Africa.
I am currently quite depressed...