I want to thank Kevin for letting us know what he thinks of my 22 predictions!
Kevin sent them a few days ago, I just got around to posting them!
From Kevin Knuth:
1. I do not think that the Democrats will reinstitute the fairness doctrine- but I wish they would. I truly believe that the constant bombardment of right wing whackos has divided our country and prohibits us from having serious discussions about the issues.
2. The Dems will NOT impeach Bush. He is more valuable as a lame duck who is being investigated for several things.
3.Tossup- it depends on how you define Amnesty. I think they will make everyone go through some type of process, most likely make them pay for it themselves....that is not Amnesty.
4. We will be out of Iraq before the next Presidential election.
5. I think Bolton is safe.
6. Tax cuts for the wealthy will be gone- poor and middle class will still have them.
7. I think you will see estate taxes for estates worth $3 million or more.
8. Minimum wage will be increased.
9. Dems will not make progress on the National Debt- but I do suspect a balanced budget will happen next year.
10. I expect unfunded liabilities to decrease.
11. Social Security can be fixed- and you will hear Democrats talking about it a lot.
12. I think that Healthcare needs to be "fixed" but that again depends on your definition. I suspect you will see lower drug costs, as well as a chance to "pool" uninsured workers. I suspect it will have to be subsidized by the government, but will also require the end user to pay part of it.
13 through 20- These will happen- but I suspect that it will take more than 100 hours! I think she meant to say that they would introduce legislation or begin subcommittees to work on these matters within the first 100 hours.