Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Another stupid law goes on the books in Omaha

Please read the story:
<http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52559>

My wife and I used to live in Omaha and, believe it or not, it is the best place we have ever lived...

I cannot believe they are telling people to call 911 to report smokers. This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my entire life.

If they keep this up they are going to get someone killed because they are going to have a real emergency and the person will not get through because of all of the callers calling to report their neighbors for "smoking."

What is America coming to?

Mike Sylvester

4 comments:

Bobett said...

Agreed,

Just another local/state law for government to increase revenues. Big Brother is getting closer to home.

Maybe it's their way to finance
the coffers of the Federal "No Child Left Behind" to stimulate
money the Feds do not finance at state level.

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous!

Of course, I also think we should be able to grow our own "smokable plants" of any sort if we so choose ;-).

Mike Kole said...

Priorities...

Anonymous said...

Pam, A little old to still be rolling your own, eh?