The White House press corps is incensed about not being informed about VP Cheney's hunting accident. The press never ceases to amaze me with its sheer arrogance AND incompetence.
The VP was involved in a hunting accident. It is not a big deal, it happens. There are plenty of things going on in this country that deserve press coverage; this is not one of them.
If the press needs some help here are some rather large issues they should cover:
1. The Federal debt is skyrocketing and our currency is slowly dropping in value.
2. The Presidents wiretapping program is certainly a program that deserves debate.
3. Incumbents in Congress and the Senate are virtually gauranteed of re-election.
4. The Federal government does NOT negotiate with the drug companies when it buys
5. We have a HUGE trade imbalance that is growing and is an extreme threat to our children.
7. Interest rates are going to keep rising for the foreseeable future.
I could go on and on...
I have listened to several anti-gun activists ranting about the dangers of firearms. Give me a break...
I have owned a firearm since I was 18 years old. I have a license to carry a concealed handgun. I own a handgun. I keep my handgun in my house for two reasons:
1. To kill anyone who decides to break into my house and rob me and my family.
2. I think Americans should keep guns in case they have to protect their rights from those who
would take them away.
I think that we need MORE guns in this country, not less. If everyone maintained a firearm in their house and learned how to use it properly you would see the number of break-ins decrease rapidly.
Did you know that at one time High School students used to take guns to school for shooting contests. Guess how many "incidents" there were due to bringing firearms to High School? None.