I have a lot of different views on various topics. My views have changed over the years (Especially when I got married and when I became a father).
Here are some of my views, in no particular order:
1. I think the Government is far too large and involved in too many things.
2. I think that property rights are critical and that our government is taking them away. I oppose most uses of Eminent Domain and silly infringements like "Smoking Bans" on private property.
3. I think the United States should maintain the most powerful military in the world.
4. I think that the tax code needs to be simplified.
5. I think that Social Security needs to be fixed today; it is on an unsustainable course.
6. I think that we spend too much money on "entitlement programs" and that "entitlement programs" do not actually help the poor in the long run.
7. I think that Medicare needs to be fixed today; it is on an unsustainable course.
8. I think that the Federal Department of Education should be 100% abolished. Each of the fifty States should handle their own Education system and the Federal government should no longer be involved in our Education system at all.
9. I think that more States should legalize gambling. Gambling is just "entertainment." Americans spend too much money on golf, fancy cars, food, houses, their pets, etc... I see no difference.
10. I think prostitution should be legal as long as the parties are at least 18 years old and consenting. I think that consenting adults should do what they wish and the government should but out.
11. I do not do drugs. I do not like illegal drugs. That being said, the war on drugs has 100% failed. We either need to REALLY have a war on drugs or we need to make some of them legal. My preference is that the Federal Government get out of the drug war and let each of the fifty states pass their own laws regarding drugs. I would be in favor of legalizing mj...
12. I think that the government should stop giving out hundreds of million dollars in foreign aid. If I want to give money to a foreign government then I will give it to them myself...
13. I think that Roe v Wade should be overturned. The Federal government needs to not be involved in regulating abortion. Each of the fifty states should pass their own laws regarding abortion. If it were up to each State then I would be in favor of living in a State that outlawed abortion as long as their were reasonable exceptions...
14. I no longer believe in Free Trade as defined by Reps and Dems. I am more in favor of Fair Trade...
15. As a law abiding citizen I should be allowed to carry a concealed handgun and maintain whatever weapons I wish on my property. I should also be held responsible for securing those weapons from casual theft and use by others...
16. I do not believe that women should ever be allowed to serve on nuclear submarines (I was stationed on one for four years). I would change my mind if a submarine were crewed by ALL WOMEN.
17. I do not believe in quotas or affirmative action. The most qualified person should be hired regardless of sex, race, etc. This has gotten way out of hand. White males are the most discriminated against group in this country.
18. I believe that women who are fire fighters, police officers, etc should have to pass the EXACT same physical tests as men.
19. I believe that all levels of Government should be forced to abolish at least half of the rules that they have established.
20. I believe that the government needs to stop trying to legislate morality...
Please do two things.
Please vote in the poll I just posted regarding my political affiliation. You may vote once per day...
Please post a comment and tell me how many of the 20 items you agree with me on!
My guess is that Tim Zank and Andrew Kaduk will both agree with me on MOST of the 20 items...
My guess is that true liberals will agree with me on VERY few items.