A couple of days ago I posted and asked people to say whether they were for or against Harrison Square as it currently stands...
Eleven people weighed in (Including me...)
Six people were in favor of the Project (Chad, Scott, Brian, Scott, David, and Sam)
Four people were against (Myself, Kody, Parson, and Scott)
One person is undecided (Tim Zank)
I must admit that I am surprised with the results...
For David Corcoran (I will see you Thursday Dave!)
I think the best way to revitalize Downtown Fort Wayne is to get a Casino License from The State and put a full service casino Downtown. The project culd be paid for 100% with private investment and the casino would draw people from at least 100 miles away.
A Downtown casino would work MUCH better then a Baseball stadium AND it would do all of the following:
1. Be paid for 100% by Private money.
2. Draw hundreds of people per day into downtown Fort Wayne.
3. The casino would build a hotel and they would pay for the hotel.
4. If the casino needed a Parking Garage they would pay for their own...
5. A casino would dramatically INCREASE the number of events the Grand Wayne Center could draw.
The list goes on.
Putting a casino in Downtown Fort Wayne is the ONLY Silver Bullet for Downtown...