Thursday, December 07, 2006

Credit Cards

I hate credit cards.

My wife and I use credit cards for many things. We always have credit cards with no fees and that give us cash back.

My wife loves credit cards.

We always pay them off in full every month.

Last night I did some research on our three credit cards and their terms. It took well over an hour to find out exactly what the terms were... The terms keep changing...

I then did some research on other credit cards. We need to get a new credit card to use in Europe. Mastercard and Visa now charge a 3% "transaction fee" on foreign transactions... I am not paying that when I go to Europe next year...

I sent away for four credit card applications. Three I was able to send in with no problem. The fourth is another story entirely...

The fourth did not have an email address. I had to call them. I called them 9 times. This 4th card is the one I really wanted. I never sign up on the phone or internet. I always make them send me the application in the mail so I can red the fine print and so that I have a copy of the terms in my file...

They kept transferring me from one department to another. Realize all I wanted them to do was to send me an application in the mail. They kept trying to get me to sign up on the phone. It was ugly.

There is a lot of incompetence in the Customer Service department of that specific credit card company!

It was awful.

Mike Sylvester

No comments:

Search This Blog

Offices on the Ballot - Allen County 2024

  OFFICES ON THE 2024 BALLOT ALLEN COUNTY INDIANA   FEDERAL   President of the United States United States Representative Dist...

Blog Archive

Labels


Brgd. General Anthony Wayne US Continental Army

Sitemeter




My blog is worth $11,855.34.
How much is your blog worth?

Followers

About Commenting

Keep it clean and relevant to the post. If you have a question that isn't related to a recent post, email me at enders.robert@gmail.com . You can also email me if you want to make an anonymous comment.

DISCLAIMER

Per the by-laws of the Libertarian Party of Allen County, the Chair is the official spokesperson of LPAC in all public and media matters.

Posts and contributions expressed on this forum, while being libertarian in thought and intent, no official statement of LPAC should be derived or assumed unless specifically stated as such from the Chair, or another Officer of the Party acting in his or her place, and such statements are always subject to review.