Sunday, December 24, 2006

Another neat thing to do in Fort Wayne

There are a lot of neat things to do in Fort Wayne. I get tired of people who sit around and complain about how boring Fort Wayne is.

I spent eleven years away from Fort Wayne; about half of those years I was in the USN. I lived in Florida, Upper State New York, California, Hawaii, Nebraska, and Missouri. I have traveled all over the US and the world. I have spent time in about 25 different foreign countries.

My wife and I purposefully decided to live in Fort Wayne after considering MANY places. In the end there were several reasons we decided to have and raise our children in Fort Wayne, Indiana:

1. We think family is an important aspect of raising a family and most of our small family lives in this area.

2. Cost of living. We decided we wanted to live in a large house on an acre of land. That eliminated several locations.

3. We think that Fort Wayne is a relatively safe City and that Allen County has two strong public school districts.

This evening we went to the 12th annual Fantasy of Lights at Franke Park. This is a great place to take your family and the money goes to a great cause. The light display runs from Nov 22 - Dec 31. Sun - Thur it runs from 6 - 9 PM. Friday and Saturday it runs an hour later.

The cost is $5 for a car load.

We enjoyed ourselves and I think some of you might enjoy it as well!

You can learn more at:
<http://www.awsusa.com/aws/index.shtml>

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Mike Sylvester

2 comments:

John Good said...

Merry Christmas, Mike!

Tim Zank said...

Merry Christmas to all the Sylvesters!