Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Two local events in Fort Wayne

I plan on attending two local events today in Fort Wayne.

The first is at IPFW. It is a small business event at the Walb student union building at 1 PM. Evan Bayh is the guest speaker. I am not sure what to expect from this event; but, I am going anyway.

The event I am really looking forward to today is the Fort Wayne City Council Redistricting meeting at 4 PM in The City County Building. I have submitted a re-districting proposal. I am waiting to get a map back from the City GIS department. I have some news for this Committee; after reading State law I am almost positive that one precinct in the City was assigned a City Council District in violation of State law. I plan on pointing this out to ensure that when the City is re-districted this is fixed.

Coincidentally I live in that precint, and I am the President of its neighborhood association as well.. I will be interested to hear what they have to say about it.

No comments: