Mark Souder is running for re-election this year. Many people like Mark Souder and many people detest Mark Souder.
I am one of the people who detest Mark Souder. In fact, the only other sitting politician I dislike more is Kennedy... Kennedy is a Senator from Massachussetts so there is little I can do about him...
I am going to list the things I both like and dislike about Mark Souder. PLEASE LIST THE THINGS YOU BOTH LIKE AND DISLIKE ABOUT MARK SOUDER IN THE COMMENTS SECTION.
Things I like about Mark Souder:
1. He does not raise money in off election years. Mark Souder runs for re-election the right way as far as fundraising.
2. Mark Souder says he is a social conservative and he actually votes as a social conservative. I am not a social conservative; but, I give him credit for voting the way he says he will on social issues.
Things I dis-like about Mark Souder:
1. Mark Souder "dodged" military service during Viet-Nam and claimed to be a Conscientious Objector. A C.O. is a person who does not believe in violence of any kind. While Mark Souder's peers were serving their country, Mark Souder dodged military service. Today, Mark Souder is no longer a C.O. He has changed his mind... He calls himself a pro-military hawk. I call him a "Chicken-Hawk." Mark Souder is a hypocrite on this issue and disgusts me as a military veteran.
2. Mark Souder ran on The Republican Contract with America. This "Contract" promised a return to fiscal repsonsibility. This has obviously not happened. Our deficits get larger every year and there is no plan to handle the looming crisis in Medicaire, Social Security, and our Pension plans. Mark Souder is NOT a fiscal conservative. He wants to cut taxes and INCREASE spending. This does not make sense.
3. Mark Souder is badly out of touch with his constituents. He actually believes that the most important issue in America is The War on Drugs. I could go to ANY High School in this area and buy any drug I want. We spend BILLIONS on dollars on the failed War on Drugs and what does Mark Souder want to do? He wants to SPEND MORE MONEY on The War on Drugs.
4. Mark Souder has a rating of only 57% from The National Taxpayers Union. The National Tax Payers Union is a conservative organization that I respect a great deal. Mark Souder has the second worst rating out of the seven Republiclan Congressmen from Indiana.
5. Mark Souder believed in term limits of 12 years when he first ran for office. In fact, Mark often said that he wanted to go to Washington to replace the "Washington Insiders" who had been in office too long. Now Mark Souder has become a Washington Insider and so he no longer believes in term limits. How sad.
I am looking forward to hearing what you think!
I am especially interested to hear what Mark Souder supporters think...
Are there ANY Mark Souder supporters out there?