Thursday, December 01, 2005

Amazing statistic in The Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly

The Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly (issue 38) procliamed the following FRIGHTENING statistics for Allen County for 2004/2005 school enrollment:
Public Schools 53,801
Private Schools 28,440

No statistics were provided on Home Schooled children.

Excluding Home Schooled children these statistics tell us that almost 35% of the enrolled students in Allen County go to Private Schools!

One would think this would radically lower everyone's property taxes since so many children are not even in the Public Schools...

That of course does not seem to be the case...

9 comments:

Mike Kole said...

Mike- It would be an interesting study to calculate how much is spent in the public schools per student, and then to get the average tuition charged by the private schools. I bet it would be useful for your campaign.

Bartleby said...

It would also be interesting to see whether the practice of enrolling kids in religious or other private schools is more prevalent among government-school teachers than among the population as a whole. I remember reading about ten years ago that it was.

LP Mike Sylvester said...

You have got to be kidding me Bartleby.

I would love to know where you read that statistic!

Mike Kole said...

Indy Mayor Bart Peterson sends his daughter to Park Tudor, tellingly not to the public schools.

IT-Chick said...

I think it would be even more telling (although I'd LOVE to have my tax money back) to find out WHY parents like myself pay so much to send our children to private schools. I can tell you that (at least in our case) it is not ONLY for religious reasons.

IT-Chick said...

Nice Blog BTW... I'll give you a call sometime

job opportunitya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
job opportunitya said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
Please examine my equity hawaii home rate blog as soon as you can.

Anonymous said...

酒店喝酒

酒店消費

喝花酒

粉味

酒店小姐



ktv酒店

台北酒店

酒店經紀找茵悅

酒店上班

酒店經紀

禮服酒店

酒店兼差

酒店打工


打工兼差

酒店

台北酒店經紀

酒店打

酒店正職

酒店類型

酒店午場

酒店規定

酒店行政

打工兼職

酒店藝名


酒店日保