Friday, September 01, 2006

Parent night at Oak View

My wife and I went to parent night at our daughter's Elementary School last night. It was a lot of fun...

We have an AMAZING PTO. The PTO raises a lot of money and funds an impressive number of events at the school.

I am looking forward to this year...

On another note: I remember getting into an argument with Robert Rouse about "the arts" in our local schools. Robert said that we were cutting "the arts" in our schools and I disagreed.

I can tell you this; the arts are going strong at Oak View. We have a separate teacher for art, music, gym, and reading at Oak View. We have a large and impressive music room and an art room. They are well supplied and have their own specific teachers...

"The arts" are alive and ell at Oak View.

Mike Sylvester

No comments: