I think the most important question is, "Are we safer?"
I think we are NOT safer.
I think we have wasted a lot of money, eroded civil liberties, and accomplished only a few things.
I think that to be safer against terrorism we would have to accomplish several things:
1. Secure our borders and prevent terrorists from entering our country.
We have completely failed to do this. I would grade this as an F.
2. Go overseas and actually destroy terrorist organizations.
We have destroyed some of the terrorists that were in Afghanistan. We have toppled the Iraqi government; however, we have created a large mess in Iraq. I would grade this a C.
3. Cut off terrorist funding.
I think we have done a good job of this. I would give this an A.
4. Improve airline and airport security.
I think we have spent a lot of money; however I do not think we have greatly improved airport security. I would grade this a C.
5. Protect likely targets in The United States.
We have spent a lot of money and accomplished little. I would grade this a D.
6. Form a large inter-national coalition.
We have angered much of the world. I would grade this an F.
Overall I give our government a D on this topic.
HOW ABOUT YOU?