Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4th of July Get Together

To All,

I would like to introduce myself.

I am Doug Horner and I am running for City Council at large.

I hope to give all of the voters in Fort Wayne the choice of a candidate who believes in:

Lowering property taxes;
Protecting our property rights and civil liberties, and
Reducing the size of government.

The Libertarian Party of Allen County will be having a small get together on the IPFW campus to watch and enjoy the fireworks. Feel free to join us and chat awhile. I am certain that we will be able to either solve all of the worlds problems OR have a few fireworks of our own :)

Libertarians attending would be good to bring a bag or two of chips, a couple bottles of pop or whatever else you think would share well. We could probably also use some lawn chairs. This isn't the most organized 4th we've had but I'm certain we'll all have a good time and enjoy the day.

I will try to put us where we normally meet at the four way stop sign just East of Ketler Hall. I will try to be there early afternoon.

Should you be interested in helping me or any of the Libertarians running for office please don't hesitate to Email us or call me at 704 - 4698. We would love (and REALLY need) all the help we can get.

Respectfully,

Doug Horner

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Horner,

Your platform sounds just like Matt Kelty's. Very idealistic. You nor anyone else will ever reduce taxes! Get real.

Robert Enders said...

Everyone in politics is either an idealist, a cynic, or both. I favor reducing spending by not getting the city involved in wasteful projects like HS or the riverfront development project. I also hope to reduce the city's workforce through attrition: whenever certain city employees retire, the city would simply not hire a replacement.

LP Mike Sylvester said...

Anonymous:

Of course taxes could be reduced; however, the only way to do it is to cut spending.

Mike Sylvester

Anonymous said...

Anonymous just seems to be a Negative Nancy. And he or she doesn't really understand the fact that taxes can be lowered. It is a simple process really.

By the way, I would have showed up to the little get together but I didn't read about it until today. And to be honest I was pretty tired because I worked from 9 to 7:30. There is always next year though.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I would also like to question why none of the contributors to this blog have mentioned the fact that the blue side of the FWCS Remonstrance has unofficially won the petition battle by an estimated 23,000 signatures.

Robert Enders said...

Code Blue won. Yay. Sorry Kody, but it has been a busy week. Summit City Libertarians is still running, you can do a post there if you like. If I feel up to it today I might do a post about it.

Search This Blog

Offices on the Ballot - Allen County 2024

  OFFICES ON THE 2024 BALLOT ALLEN COUNTY INDIANA   FEDERAL   President of the United States United States Representative Dist...

Blog Archive

Labels


Brgd. General Anthony Wayne US Continental Army

Sitemeter




My blog is worth $11,855.34.
How much is your blog worth?

Followers

About Commenting

Keep it clean and relevant to the post. If you have a question that isn't related to a recent post, email me at enders.robert@gmail.com . You can also email me if you want to make an anonymous comment.

DISCLAIMER

Per the by-laws of the Libertarian Party of Allen County, the Chair is the official spokesperson of LPAC in all public and media matters.

Posts and contributions expressed on this forum, while being libertarian in thought and intent, no official statement of LPAC should be derived or assumed unless specifically stated as such from the Chair, or another Officer of the Party acting in his or her place, and such statements are always subject to review.