Thursday, August 13, 2009

The real way to reduce healthcare costs.

Your personal behavior plays a large roll in your long term health and healthcare. Personally, I've racked up a lot of medical bills due to recreational activities and poor judgement. I broke my pinkie playing touch football. I bit a hang nail off and it got infected. I've had other tests done that are nobody's business.

Forget all those rumors about death committees. If government starts playing a larger role in healthcare, these will be the real questions: Will the federal government start regulating personal behavior, or will taxes be raised to pay for celebrity syphilis treatments? Will I be allowed to choose what to eat, or will I have more taken out of my check to pay for other people's gastric bypasses? Will alcohol remain legal, or will Congress start springing for liver transplants?

No comments: