Sunday, August 03, 2008

One difference between Fort Wayne and Los Angeles

LA bans fast food restaurants in certain parts of town, while Fort Wayne gives them tax abatements. While I still disagree with tax abatements for fast food, this is one reason why I'm glad I live in Fort Wayne. I want and need fast food as part of my lifestyle. When I just got out of work and have to be someplace else in an hour, I don't have time for a home-cooked meal. Nor do I have time to sit down in a family restaurant and stare at antique surf boards that have been nailed to the wall. All I have time for is someone to hand me a bag of warm, empty calories through my car window.

California is a weird place. If you want marry within your gender, they will respect your lifestyle choice. Props to them for that. But if you want a cheeseburger, then supposedly that's a health risk. What you decide to put into your mouth, be it a pancake or a penis, should be up to you and you alone.

No comments: