Sunday, May 01, 2011

Planned Parenthood funding

Cutting funding for Planned Parenthood was the right thing to do. While it is my opinion that an organism needs a functional nervous system before it has any rights, I still think it is wrong for the state or the federal government to force people to pay for activities that they find morally abhorrent.
I enjoy violent video games, but I don't think Jack Thompson should pay for my fun. I enjoy hamburgers, but I don't think vegans should have to subsidize the beef industry. And I certainly don't think that environmentalists should have to pay to bailout a company that makes SUV's.

1 comment:

Doug said...

That's just a can of worms though. You just couldn't run a government if you prohibited government spending on any activity a citizen had a moral qualm about. Military action is a prominent example.